Prize(s) Honorable Mentions in Heritage Lighting
Lead Designers REGINA COELI LIMA/ MOHANA LIMA
Completion Date 11/27/2018
Project Location RECIFE, PE, BRAZIL
Entry DescriptionSão Tiago das Cinco Pontas Fortress is located in the São José district. It is the last Dutch building in Recife and one representative monuments of colonial architecture. It was built by the Flemings, in the year 1630, by determination of the Prince of Orange - Frederik Hedrik.
In 1982, he transformed the Fortress of the Five Points into the Museum of the City of Recife. The place has a important iconographic collection, among the important pieces of Frans Prost and a symbolic key delivered to Dom Pedro II in 1859.
The lighting project of the Museum of the City of Recife, privileged the great wall in original stone and white painting. In order to promote uniform illumination with average illumination of 60lux and to demarcate the architecture of the Forte, projectors with LED technology and RGB (Red, Green, Blue) color system or just white color activation were installed. During ordinary days of the year, only white light emission will be used. Color effects will only be used during commemorative dates or specific events.