Prize(s) Winners in Spectrum Lighting
Company Auerbach Glasow
Lead Designers Patty Glasow, Sara McBarnette, Christina Liu Jin
Other Designer's names more lighting -Christopher Morris, Nick Taylor
Architecture Company Mark Cavagnero Associates
Photo Credits Auerbach Glasow
Completion Date July 2019
Project Location San Francisco, CA 94109
Entry DescriptionThe Salesforce Executive Briefing Center, atop the Salesforce Tower in San Francisco, has a sweeping 360 degree view and soars 200 ft. above other buildings. The Center serves as hospitality lounge, observation deck, and event space. It has conference rooms with full height sliding glass walls, lounges, and multiple breakout areas. There are 24 “living wall” columns comprised of approximately 25,000 plants of 128 different species.
Spectral tuning and color changing individually controllable LED sources transform the multi-functional space via preset scenes that can be overridden when different visual experiences are desired.
1) The color-changing lighting seamlessly blends into the nightscape with the help of gobo pattern projection.
2) Special low glare “dark light” apertures barely reflect in windows…stunning night views.
3) Full spectrum colored light can be programmed to match the color of the sky at different times of day.
4) Plants grazed with light from hidden sources appear sunlit instead of silhouetted.
5) Individualized aiming at each “green” column.
6) Extensive pre-construction mockups.
Company DescriptionAuerbach Glasow solves intricate lighting challenges for complex, diverse project types. Founded in 1972, Auerbach Glasow’s lighting design portfolio includes interior and exterior environments for commercial spaces, institutional buildings, cultural and educational facilities, as well as residential building and hospitality venues. We translate architectural intent into beautiful, functional, energy efficient, easily maintained lighting installations. Our success is based on a client-centered philosophy that drives consistently superior design and technologically sophisticated solutions.